Incorporating the simplified F/V GMDSS Log Book, our MCA GMDSS Radio Log Book is made to hold all records of distress communications, urgency and safety radio traffic and radio equipment testing. Data logging points within our radio log book include:
- Details and position of vessel
- Details of radio certification equipment
- Names of senior qualified crew
- Records on how radio equipment availability is ensured, including service company contact details
- Records of SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) communications
- Notes and times on important incidents related to radio service and any distress, urgency or safety messages (e.g. breakdown of equipment, breakdown of communications with stations, breaches of radio procedures)
- Records of any testing (DSC, batteries, printer papers) and reserve power tracking
- Battery usage in the event of emergency power as well as battery examinations and capacity monitoring
- Commercial communications exchanged via GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety System) can also be recorded
The log book includes both data entry points and signatory points for senior crew, ensuring that a compliant copy is available upon request of any inspector or officer in accordance with Regulation 20 of the Merchant Shipping (Radio Installations) Regulations 1998 and Regulation 19 of the Merchant Shipping (Radio) (Fishing Vessel) Regulations 1999.
Every log book starts with a conversation with our clients. Tell us a bit more about what you need or simply send us your details and we will start the process.